Monday 18 January 2010

My hibernation must stop

For the past few months (let me count...1,2,3...um, 7 months), I have been into craft hibernation. Making boxes and adapting to our new condo took a lot of energy but what really killed my artistic mojo was getting a new job that turned into a total disaster. As much as I don't like to admit it, my...cough, burnout, cough...actually made me put my sewing machine, patterns and Japanese fabric back in the closet. But now things are getting better and and I decided to come back to the blogosphere.

It has been so long that I decided to reintroduce myself by doing a little 2009 year in review.

January
My wonderful husband got me a new camera (Canon Rebel XSi) and I started another 365 photo challenge on Flickr.


February
I used double pointed needles for the first time and successfully made a pair of Toasty from A friend to knit with!


March
Dan and I did a little impulse purchase! We got our very first condo in an old candy factory. So sweet...ah ah ah, you get it...candy, sweet...ah ah ah!!!


April
Adapted a Japanese pattern with my sewing teacher and made a dress using my favorite fabric ever. However, I had to re-stitch the entire dress as soon as I finished it because the tension on the industrial sewing machine was too loose. Not fun!


May
Got a little spring fever! Biked around town and took many pictures of beautiful bicycles.


June

Taking long walks, making boxes and slowly saying goodbye to our old neighborhood.


July
Doing my last craft project before my sewing machine started go gather dust in the closet!


August
Adapting to my new neighborhood. It was not easy but now we are best friends!


September
When things started to get out of control!


October (no picture!)
What can I say, I was doing so bad that I had to stop my 365 photo challenge!

November

Quiting my job and taking time to get better: sleeping, reading, listening to music and spending good time with Dan and my mini zoo!


December
Getting a little makeover to end the year in beauty!


So, this is what I did in 2009! I can't wait to tell you about my crafts, photography journeys, discoveries and projects...and maybe a little vintage etsy shop of mine (but it's a secret for the moment!).

12 comments:

boots said...

well welcome back lady! missed you!

Unknown said...

i thought you disappeared! i have been reading around your blog since last spring and definitely enjoy your photographs! beautiful!

Jessica said...

i'm glad your feeling better! i can't wait to see more of your photos!

Anonymous said...

Yay! So nice to see you back, Claudia!!

Angie from Dear Spring Green said...

Hi Claudia! I am glad you are back too! I thought with the moving that things got too hectic. I know I would love to see pictures of your cute new place, will that be in the future? A condo made in a candy factory has my brain whirling. :)

Veronica Darling... said...

Wishing you all the best for this year, darling. Your new hair looks divine.


xoxo

Ali said...

I am so excited at the prospect of you being back!

flickettysplits said...

Oh yay, you're back! I love your design aesthetic, even though you are a skinny minnie and I cannot replicate anything you make because I am a chunky monkey. But I enjoy looking.

Bess Callard said...

Salut Claudia, welcome back! Thanks so much for linking to my blog :) You've got a lovely little space here, I'll be back!
bess | english muffin blog

Juli said...

um, that dress you made looks amazing. I love love love the fabric (if I wear pattern it needs to have a dark or black base to it).

Mon Petit Lapin said...

Great to see your back Claudia! Sorry to hear the end of your year was a toughie but glad to see your back now and sporting such a fab new crop :) All the best x

my hyggelig said...

Not sure where I found your blog, but I kept hoping you would come back. I am glad you did. I'm on a blog pause (first one after 3 yrs) - life tends to get in the way sometimes. Earlier in the year I had a job situation, so can relate. Now, I have a life situation. Sometimes blogging helps us find those little treasures in the everyday. Welcome back!