Friday 22 January 2010

The pattern that keeps giving

Last year, I got a "very easy" vogue pattern. The first dress that I made, I only changed the sleeves. The second one, I used it to combine the style of two A.P.C. dresses. I changed many things and it turned out pretty cute. This is the dress that I had for Christmas in 2008. I love to see my grand-parents and tell them: "Hey, look! I'm awesome, I made my own Christmas dress!!!". It is my little moment of glory during the holidays! I did one last dress with that pattern. It was again my Christmas dress!

I think that I won't use that pattern again. Maybe with "experience", I realized that the pattern was not that great. I had to slim it down a lot. I don't want my grand-parents to think that I'm pregnant. Ever since the wedding, a few years ago, they are just waiting for that to happen! I made it shorter because I don't want to look like a toddler! I also gave it a more "actual" look.

I'm still very happy with it. It has this little old French film thing that works perfectly with my new haircut. And with black ballerina flats, it is a perfect match!

Now, what pattern should I get???

10 comments:

molly said...

it is really lovely. and i love how proud you to show off your sewing. you ARE awesome!

wish i could recommend a pattern, but i only know of ones for toddlers!

Anonymous said...

Great dress and very cute broach! How a pattern works or looks is always a learning experience, well I have found.

Veronica Darling... said...

You look very black and white French film star. Your haircut is just so sweet and totally suits you!

As for your next patterns, maybe you should start getting ready for springtime (I always have to think ahead for new patterns, because it sometimes takes me a while to get round to finishing them off, and the seasons have then changed).

Great to see you posting again! Yay!

Mon Petit Lapin said...

Love this, looks very well made and such a cute brooch to set it off x

nicole said...

SUPER cute!!!

Ali said...

You remind me of Audrey Tatou in Amelie. Perfection!

Natasha said...

W haven't chatted in SO long.I love your round up of 2009:0)
your haircut is smokin',you look wonderful Claudia.
We added one to our brood in 2009,stop on by and take a peek,
cheerio,
Natasha

Unknown said...

this is a really nice dress... and deer pin! i really like collette patters right now, its here: http://www.colettepatterns.com/ maybe something will inspire your sewing projects there!

Camino Fernandez said...

Precioso vestido. La combinación perfecta entre elegancia, sobriedad y un punto sexy...

Sarah Greenman said...

Can I tell you how glad I am to see you back on your blog? We've all missed you. The dress is fantastic.