Sunday, 28 February 2010

I don't learn from my mistakes. Every year, when winter is almost over, I realize that I look like a cave woman. And this year is even worst since I spent most of the cold season without work (hello, same outfit 2 days in a row). I will spare you the details but I'm sure that you can visualize the "dramatic" consequences of 3 months of style neglect.

In order to get rid of the cave woman look I made an inventory of my clothes (yes, I do stuff like that). And the results are shocking !!! It seems that I don't know how to shop intelligently. Logically, you are suppose to have 40% basics clothes, 40% work clothes and 20% "omg, I love this so much" pieces! Well, most of my clothes are part of the last group and believe me it is not efficient!

I had to start somewhere, so I made this little skirt (Simplicity 2656) to go in the 40% work group. It is classic, simple, perfect for the office and it can be adapted to every season.

So, am I the only person who would need a personal stylist??? Any volunteers ;)

17 comments:

molly:: applecyder said...

love the pocket lining very very much.

oh, goodness. i can't even begin to think what kind of statistics a wardrobe inventory of my closet would yield....

seedstitching said...

oh claudia!
it's perfect... absolutely perfect!

jen said...

haha, i need to do a little inventory, my closet is 100% random!

this skirt turned out so cute! perfect for work or whenever

Sarah @ Maison Boheme said...

So exquisite!

Veronica Darling... said...

Congrats on your new job!

You're VERY stylish darling, and that skirt looks 100 per cent (and not kidding here) like a designer skirt from a really expensive shop!

Well done! It's absolutely gorgeous!

Ali said...

A closet inventory - now there's a good idea!

But you, sweet girl, would look good in a paper bag. I have been taking photos of what I actually wear each day (or thereabouts) this year. It has proved a real eye-openener. And the ladies in my Flickr group, my new styliste!

schorlemädchen said...

what a nice skirt you made and I love the fabric details..ah everything of it..it looks great with the colourful tights..no need for a stylist :)

Anne (anneemall) said...

Awesome! This would be in my "omg, I love this so much" category! The shape, the fabric, the lining!

Sigrid said...

well done! Love the fabric (good for being job-serious) but the pockets are a fun treat (good for not being so serious at the job).

Keesha Fashionista said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keesha Fashionista said...

I would be happy to volunteer for anyone that needs a stylist. I am building a portfolio and would even do it for FREE!

Kaylovesvintage said...

looks wonderful

oneeyedrabbit said...

Great job! The skirt looks really good and great craftsmanship too.

Jennifer said...

Oh dear.. I think my closet would consist mostly off comfy pieces that probably shouldn't be worn to work, but are. Plus a million cardigans & scarves :)

I just wanted to say that I adore the seersucker pocket details -- just lovely!

Chickpea said...

Claudia,
I trashed pretty much everything out of my wardrobe at the beginning of the winter. No more comfy rags, great stuff for everyday.

At the end of the season I would say that I am 65% there. And you are doing the right thing!

My OMG pieces, they never turn out quite right, alas...

jackie said...

I have just checked back in!! I'm so glad you are back Claudia. And it looks like you've got your creative mojo back - such lovely things you are working on!
And Happy Belated Birthday - you are a gorgeous 30 year old!

jessica said...

Wow! That skirt is amazing! Great job!

As for my closet... I think Tim Gunn would have a heart attack :)