Saturday, 8 September 2012

Dear Alice...

Dear Alice,

Monday, I'm going back to work.

I stayed at home with you during almost 18 months and I had a wonderful time. It was an incredible privilege to spend my days (and nights) with you. As a baby, you hardly ever cried and were the easiest little creature to be carried around on my many mom adventures. Now, as a toddler, you hardly complain, adapt like a champion to new situations and are easy going as long as we stick to our well established routine.

So why I'm going to work you might ask? Simply because I think that I can have the best of both worlds: a rich family life and a motivating career.

Monday, I'm going back to work but you should not worry. We will still have plenty of fun together because I found a great part-time job (24 hours a week). I think that you will approve of my career move since I will be working for a non-profit organization that provides mom-to-mom support for breastfeeding mothers in Montreal.

Monday, I'm going back to work but I feel at peace to leave you, my precious daughter, with people that will eventually become your second family. We were lucky to benefit from a very gradual integration (mornings with you the first week, mornings the second week and short days this week ). Over those weeks, I saw you evolve in your new daycare environment and, from the sparkles in your eyes, I know that you are happy. 

As a family, year after year, we will celebrate the changing seasons. At almost 18 month old, as summer slips slowly into early fall, I hope that you will embrace smoothly the beginning of this new routine.

As Big Nutbrown Hare said to Little Nutbrown Hare : "I love you right up to the moon - and back."

Maman

xox


6 comments:

Ali said...

Good lunch Claudia and Alice. Your new job sounds like something you will really enjoy!

Bess Callard said...

aw, well said :) good luck on your new adventures Clo et famille! xox

Vivian Doan said...

Claudia, have a very wonderful start to your new job. I'm so happy to hear that the integration into daycare is going so well for you.

Ambition said...


Ambition has but one reward for all: A little power, a little transient fame; A grave to rest in, and a fading name photography

PJ said...

Sounds like a perfect job for you! Congratulations on your new adventure.

Pothys said...

An Edwardian lady in full dress was a wonder to behold, and her preparations for viewing were awesome.silks saree