Saturday 1 December 2012

Simple Christmas

Last year, I really enjoyed an idea from Simplicity Parenting:

"A good friend told me that they just focus on 4 gifts for their children: something they want, something they need, something to wear and something to read. This framework of 4 gifts I think really helps to eliminate potential stuff that isn’t needed."

Under the Christmas tree for Alice in 2012

Something she needs:
A durable melamine and dishwasher-safe kitty cat plate from Skip Hop.



Something she wants:
A pure wool toddler pillow from Turn a New Leaf designs.
The cosleeping pillow war must stop!


Something to wear:
An organic t-shirt with a screen printed bunny illustration from Gingiber.


Something to read:
A perfect winter tale (Any Room for Me?) purchased at a local Waldorf store. 


2 comments:

Fran-c said...

I love this idea! I have a 16 month old girl, and think I will try it this year :)

Shannah said...

I'm trying this idea too this year! So far I really like it for my 7 and 15 year old- I think it allows for more thoughtful and creative gift giving.

Did you blog about this before? I couldn't remember where I had read about this idea. Thank you for sharing either way:)