Monday 12 November 2007

Holiday swaps and "crafternoons"

I’m so happy that I have the chance and the time to enter two swaps (I didn’t even know what swaps were last week!).

The Holiday Traditions exchange hosted by Montessori by Hand is basically an opportunity to learn a new holiday tradition. It is also a reflection on the meaning of the holiday in our families. I have to introduce my swap partner to the joys of a traditional French Canadian Christmas! I will also send a CD with typical French Christmas music, an ornament and a family recipe.


The 2nd Annual Holiday Ornament Swap hosted by freshly blended and cake & pie is about creating pretty ornaments that you send to 8-10 people and after...very excited…you get 8-10 ornaments by the mail. It is much better than getting credit card bills!


After I entered, I quickly realised that I have no background in design (I have a business degree) and that I don’t have an Esty shop full of nice objects. I’m just a crafter wannabe! I needed to get encouragement from my friend Donna who is a very artistic and crafty person. We had two great “crafternoons”. I made tea and we talked about crafts and other things. We only stopped to walked our pooches and get some fresh air!

I’m quite pleased with my ornament prototype and I can’t wait to see the final result.

No comments: