Tuesday 22 January 2008

And they reproduced!

I don’t remember being a very crafty person. I tackled a few projects once in a while, mostly interior design related, but nothing major. To my great surprise, in less than 6 months, I started to knit, sew, felt, paint (by numbers but still), blog (about crafts) and snap a picture everyday (yep…project 365). I also started to bake on a regular basis but that is not craft related. Although it works with the following theory: I believe that I lack stimulation in a specific sphere of my life (a.k.a. work). To compensate, I craft! Basically, softies, cupcakes, tacky paintings, wool legwarmers and origami bunnies keep me sane and depression free! I don’t know what your initial motivation for crafting was but I know that, for me, it was a lot better than a trip to the psychologist! And now that I’m hooked, I just love the fact that I can create pretty hand-made objects…now that’s gratification!

3 comments:

Señorita Puri said...

good for you! How about selling your stuff online? :-D
Kisses, Puri

Anonymous said...

Good for you Claudia, crafting is really addictive and it's good to know you are enjoying it. I think a lot of people are just full of creativity, but just haven't let it out, so now is your time. Just to let you know your ori babies are very cute. he he

Anonymous said...

That is a great thought,I have noticed that when I finish a project I feel great.Maybe if I complete one a day it'll keep the winter blues away:0)
I love those rabbits by the way.
Also how are you liking the cupcakes that you have tried from the book?which is the best so far?
Have a great weekend,
Natashsa