Friday 21 May 2010


Cooking used (and is still) to be a challenge for me. My parents are wonderful but they never really introduced me to the wonderful world of "good food doesn't have to come from your mom's fridge or restaurants...you can make it yourself"!

It is not an excuse but our last kitchen was not practical...it was too small...the dirty dishes were always taking all the counter space ;) But now that we have a normal kitchen (and a dishwasher), cooking is more enjoyable !

This is a new favorite recipe that I took from a the Jamie Oliver Comunity Website. I changed a few things because I have a sensitive stomach but you can find the original recipe here.

Chickpea, Chorizo & Spinach Stew

Ingredients
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, 1cm chopped
1/2 red pepper, 1cm chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
125g cooking chorizo, sliced
1 can chickpeas, washed and drained
1 can chopped tomatoes
3 /4 tsp harrissa
3 handfuls baby spinach
salt and pepper to taste

Method
Heat the olive oil in a pan.
Add the onions, red pepper and garlic and fry for 2 minutes to soften.
Add the chorizo and fry for 2 minutes to release the flavour.
Add the chickpeas and fry for a further minute or so.
Add the chopped tomatoes and harrissa; cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the spinach and stir in so that it wilts.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve in bowls and with lots of crusty bread.

yum, yum, yum!!!

6 comments:

jen said...

mmm that sounds + looks so delicious!

Anne said...

Seems yummy + I like your placemat!

Unknown said...

This looks delicious! I've loved following along with Jamie's new ideas and recipes. Good luck with your new cooking adventures. Looks like you're off to a great start :)

Jessica said...

That looks and sounds delicious! Cooking is kind of a challenge for me too, but I can't wait to give this a try!

shelia said...

sounds wonderful and making me a wee bit hungry :)

Ella said...

i love jamie oliver. he makes cooking easy...just "whack a little of this in there" "happy days"
have you checked out any of his shows?