Monday 7 January 2008

A Chai Latte…to eat!

I will bake something new each week in 2008. It is not a New Year resolution. It is simply an attempt at making delicious desserts for my husband and I. Believe me, you can have an overdose of store-bought oatmeal cookies! Some people take part of the A month of softies and other enrol in the 365 Days Challenge. That is very impressive and I would love, one day, to sign in. In the mean time, I will keep it simple: eat something sweet, homemade and different every week...with a cup of tea!

I'm pleased to say that my quest started very well! Yesterday, I made amazing Chai Latte cupcakes from the book Vegan cupcakes take over the world by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Romero. The word vegan might be scary but it is not that bad. The book use very basic ingredients that you can find at any grocery store. However, nothing stops you from using cow milk instead of soy milk. You are Queen in your kitchen! It won’t be dramatic unless you are vegan or lactose intollerent! The book is full of fabulous pictures and mouth-watering recipes that are extremely easy to follow. If I can do it…everybody can! Next week, Green Tea or Pistachio Rosewater cupcakes? Zen or girly?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I looked at that book but I must admit the word vegan did make me wonder if they could actually be delicious.You have inspired me to give it another go.How many out of ten would you give it??