Thursday 10 January 2008

Going across the pond

At the end of the day, there is nothing that I want more than to go home and spend some quality time with my hysband and my mini-zoo. I might even say that we are adepts of cocooning (individuals socializing less and retreating into their home). We also have our little habits: we walk the dog and feed our pets at the same time everyday, we go to the restaurant on Friday evening, we have feta omelets at the same iranian restaurant on Saturday for breakfast and we have pancakes on Sunday (I have nutella & bananas in winter and nutella & straberries in summer…with a glass of milk)! However, once a year, we pack our stuff, bring the pets to my mother’s house and go on vacation.

We could go to "sunny" destinations. Sandy beach, cocktails, palm trees… but it’s just not our thing. We love nordic countries. We were in Sweden last summer and we had such a good time. After some thought, we decided to go to Iceland and stopover in London for a few nights (No additional fee. Thank you Icelandair!). Now, how many pair of shoes sould I bring? I have 6 months to figure it out!!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to go to Iceland. Will you send me a postcard when you go???

Anonymous said...

ohhh Iceland.My hubby went there before we met and said that it is fantastic.Make sure to stay a night in the ice hotel.
I lived in London for ten years.It is so much fun.Just make sure you save save save,They are both expensive.

ingrid said...

That's so exciting! Only two night ago, I was musing about how much I would like to go to Iceland someday.

Berry said...

I love to go to cold places... but only during winter. I went to Iceland in Nov 2006... I only have great memories from this trip despite the cold and I'm so looking forward to going back. Enjoy!