Friday 11 January 2008

Lumberjack chic

I’m an event planner. Basically my job is to organize fancy pants events where people drink too much, eat too much and talk too much. In March I will be in charge of an annual fund-raising gala for a non profit organisation. Each ticket is a few hundred dollars and it’s obviously back tie. I know that every woman should have a little back dress since it's classy and can easily be accessorized. However, there is a problem with the little black dress: every woman has one!!! At each event, I stand in the middle of a sea of black fabric and, though it’s impressive at first, it gets a little boring after a while. So I decided to go crazy! This morning I ordered a cocktail dress from J.Crew (yes, it’s my favorite store) that will certainly differentiate me from…you know…over there…those girls with the black dresses. Since I always go for “cute” and not “sexy”, I will pair it with a nice black cardigan and black kitten hill shoes. If somebody is looking for me that evening, I will be…you know…over there…the girl with the lumberjack silk dress!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love it!! Jcrew is one of my favorite stores too.They fit just right.I think you'll stand out in a great way.Stylish but not a style sheep.

Bridget said...

Oh so lovely!! Want to see a picture of you in it . . .

Anonymous said...

Excellent, excellent choice. How about a shrug instead of a cardigan?

Amazon said...

Beautiful dress and it will def make you pop out, without being over the top.