Friday 4 April 2008

The arwards go to...the badger!

Two contestants were present at an award ceremony: a small bunny made out of recycled wool and a rather unusual badger. Both were anxious to learn the winner’s name. Two categories: “You Make Me Smile Award” and “Blogging with a Purpose Award”. Everybody believed that the bunny would win. Lets face it, the bunny had everything: cute, fuzzy and eco-friendly. The badger, on the other hand was a little sarcastic, slightly self-centered, often solitary and aggressive in the morning. They both held their breath. The presenter cleared his throat. And both awards go to… the badger!

Thank you Erin (Girl with Curlz), Jade (Chik Austin) and Ulla (Lille-Ursus) for giving me those awards. It seems that even grumpy badgers (a nickname that my husband gave me a while ago) can get recognition. My little blog is such a blessing for me and that “community” is beyond my expectations. Thank you again. Now it’s my turn to nominate 5 blogs that make me smile and have a purpose because they are such an inspiration: Chickpea Sewing Studio, Linaloo, Little Red Caboose, Orange Flower and Senorita Puri.

And for those who care about the other contestant. Well, he went to an after-ceremony party and drank all night long ;) If you want to make your own bunny, take a look here.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

aww thanks for including me. Right back at you with the smiles!!

Unknown said...

um it's me ella at little red caboose. i guess i'm signed on as Alistair. oops.

Anonymous said...

Claudia,
Thank you :) You are an inspiration to me!

Rumour has it said...

Hi Claudia, congratulations for this shower of awards!! May I add another one?? :D (Just have a look at Something White...)
Marjolijn

A home far away said...

I saw that you were awarded by Marjolojn with the blog Something white and I think she was right visiting your blog is a must!
(I was also rewarded but more because I am swedish living in Singapore:-)
Have a great day!

Mirka said...

Congratulations Claudia, you really deserve these awards, and what a funny way to present it. : ) The bunny - even though not a winner this time - looks so cute. Thanks for the link to Betz White, another blog to visit again. Have a nice week!

Señorita Puri said...

wow thanks!!!! I've posted my reply right away!! Kisses and wavings from spain!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute!! All of it!