Tuesday 8 April 2008

It's evolution baby!

Exactly 5 months ago, my fingers flowed over a keyboard and wrote a paragraph, an introduction. That little text was only an experiment. I just wanted to see how it would feel like to write a blog post. However, it seems that on a subconscious level I wanted more than just a simple test. Oh my God, I published the post! What's wrong with me? I don't really know how to knit, to use a sewing machine and I don't even like to cook!

I still don't like to cook but I now enjoy the clickety-clack sounds of my knitting needles and the neat stitches made by my sewing machine. When I look back at the past months, I realized that blogging changed me more than I ever believed it would. Slowly, I became more aware of a new world of creativity. I still like the same things (such as squirrels and bunnies...how can I not like squirrels and bunnies?) but now they are in soft linen or in thick wool, with a more modern design, surrounded by simplicity and with a slightly edgier look. Blogging made me realize that there is more to creativity than just the obvious.

To show my new "transition", I selected some items that I probably wouldn't have enjoyed 5 months ago but that now inspire and fascinate me immensely. It's evolution baby!


Sand by Reyaveltman
Le Lapin by TillyBloom
Being you is the key by Paperiaarre
Dixon the windsee by Onegirl



Otto conejo by Essimar
Linen fabric -- Forest by Namolio
Ishmaels Whale - Indian Calico by Flyingstartoys
Knitty, knitty by Ashleyg

14 comments:

Amy said...

I can't imagine my life without blogging now, it has done so much for my creative life. It will be interesting to look back in a year to see the "evolution" process in a new phase. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Anonymous said...

You said that all so well! I was EXACTLY the same way. Although I still don't knit!

Di said...

I agree! I love how it makes me look at the world around me - both in reality and on the internet, searching for those things that encourage me to want to make something, or photograph it.......

I'm glad I came across your blog!

Ulla V. said...

And what a very good thing that you posted that 1st one...
Hopefully you will continue blogging - I would definitely miss your words and sweet personality if you stopped...

How wonderful that sewing and knitting, have become such important parts of your life. Isn't it simply amazing to create? I love it so much!!

Beautiful, beautiful things you picked out....a lot of my favourites too ;0)

Jo-Anne said...

I have become a blogging addict the last little while. I have found endless resources to feed my creativity. Your blog is a daily favorite!
Best of luck to you and I look forward to future posts! :)
Jo-Anne

Anonymous said...

What a great way to express it. Evolution baby! Can't you almost feel your mind expanding? I sure can, and I'm looking at the world around in me in so many different ways. I adore all the examples that you showcased too!

Anonymous said...

I agree. If I had never started blogging a couple years back I would never have realized such creativity the world has to offer. It's definitely changed my style. I love the little Ishmael Whales too!

Sandy said...

I'm glad you're blogging, for my sake of course. But I'm glad you're njoying it too. :)

A home far away said...

Thank you for your nice cmment on my blog! Yes it is not that common, swedish woman blogging from singapore:-)
Have a great weekend!

Ali said...

I know what you mean - blogging really changes the way you see things doesn't it?

Mirka said...

You are so right about the blogging. And it is so amazing to find all that creativity, just travelling in your own armchair and seeing all those things. I like cooking & baking very much though, but somehow don´t do that so often as I used to. But it is maybe because other things are now on the top. And your examples are lovely, I like them too.

Anonymous said...

I'm thrilled about your crafty selection and evolution! Blogging keeps on opening up new worlds for me as well...what a wonderful thing!

I'm happy to hear that spring has finally hit Mtl...I regularly listen to Radio-Canada's "espace musique" radio station and, at the moment, they are regularly playing clips of different people (I think mostly singers) commenting about spring in Quebec... very interesting to hear the pros (renouvellement après la neige, etc...) to the cons (slush, etc..!) I'm feeling very sentimental about it all because I think there is nothing like spring fever in Montreal, especially after a hard winter....

Beata xxx

Anonymous said...

Your selections are awsome. I love them too.

Great post. You summed it up perfectly.

Bridget said...

Blogging, and connecting with the larger creative community, does a lot for me, too. It keeps me engaged, keeps me creatively accountable (hmm, maybe I need to get back to posting again!) thanks for opening up and sharing the journey with us!! And for sharing those great images - I love the little "knitty knitty" print! Went and marked her as a favorite on Etsy!