A Christmas tree in a basket looked like an amazing idea but getting a container that could fit my enormous (and ugly) tree stand turned out to be complex and, honestly, I didn't feel like waisting hours in various stores to maybe find a perfect match.
So I had an idea: a wool stand cozy. Therefore, I created the dumbest DIY tutorial ever. It only require 3 things, absolutely no skill and about 5 minutes (and this is if you have to deal with a crawling baby at the same time).
You will need:
an enormous (and ugly) tree stand
a wool sweater (that you don't want to wear anymore)
an elastic (and a pair of scissors to cut the elastic)
1. Pick a wool sweater with preferably cables at the bottom.
2. Insert the stand in the sweater (neck at the bottom).
3. Insert the center in the neckline and warp the sleeves around it.
4. Put your stand on a flat surface and adjust the sweater pattern.
5. Tie the elastic (firmly enough to hold by itself) with a few knots.
6. Fold the sweater (part with the cables) beneath the elastic.
7. Adjust the excess fabric evenly around the stand and voilà!
* * * * *
janet: The dog bowl is the object that made Alice crawl for the first time!
daniela: I know, so cute :)
taryn: I just love forest critters...even better on baby leggings.
regina: I love what you said about "thank you". Good to know your opinion about rewards and grades. Alice is still a baby but I get your point. I might re-evaluate what I said about giving rewards for good grades. Thank you so much for your comment.